Sunday, March 20, 2016

Bachelorette Party

Back in July I went down to Florida to throw a bachelorette party as MOH for one of my best friends.

Of course, I ended up doing all sorts of fun stuff that came from pinterest, but I never got around to writing about it...

So, 8 months later, here it is:

First, I sent out invites. The party was 'wine and cheese' inspired, so I created wine-stained invites inspired by ConfettiDayDreams.Unfortunately, I can't find the hard copy or the digital copy of the invite at the time, so if I ever stumble upon it again, I'll upload a picture.

Next, the decor. It was all a whirlwind of crafting, since I got into Orlando on Friday night, and set up for the party on Saturday. I did some things before-hand in NYC and packed them, and other things I stayed up late crafting at my parents' house.

I made this hanging photo booth by cutting a piece of posterboard into strips, gluing it together, and adding on some letters that I had cut on the cricut in New York from pink cardstock.
This idea came from StyleMePretty.

Testing it out at my parents' house

We hung it in from the ceiling at the house we were staying (thank goodness for the bride's 7 foot brothers), and I made a black and gold paper fan background to hang behind it by folding scrapbook paper, like it did for my sister-in-law's Bridal Shower back in June of 2013

We took before-and-after mugshots in the frame to show how our night progressed.

Before and after the big night out.

It was such a great place to take silly pictures.

The bride in her frame.


I made this diamond ring garland with scraps of cardstock - probably the easiest decoration ever. It's inspired by Fiskars' version of the same.


I also made these moustache and pink lip straw holders out of black and pink glittery scrapbook paper, no cricut used here! (I just used a hole punch to make the hole for the straw). The bride's brothers were at the party too, so I made sure to include manly glitterly straw pieces!

 

We littered the house with gold cups, black and gold balloons, gold beads and bachelorette-themed napkins.



 And this great caution tape I found at a party store... Danger: Wild Women


I also made gift bags for all he guests...



Inside the gift bag were a gaggle of goodies, both homemade and purchased from Oriental Trading

My favorite (of course), were the shirts that I made with the cricut and iron-on vinyl. The ironic part is that it was the bride herself who taught me the magic of the cricut and vinyl, so it was fitting that we got to wear these shirts all weekend!

The bridesmaids (and bridesmen) had black shirts with gold glitter vinyl, that said 'Team Bride' on the front, 'Bridesmaid' (or Bride's Bro) on the back, and their name on the sleeve.

The bride's shirt was white with gold glitter, and said 'Bride!' on the front, 'Future Mrs. Sinclair' on the back, and her name on the sleeve.

All the shirts I got at Michael's, besides the bride's which I got at Old Navy.
The vinyl I ordered online.




 




Also in the bag, I included 'diamond ring' wine glass markers that I made by cutting out of silver shiny scrapbook paper and painting names on.
Unfortunately, I don't have a diamond ring image on the cricut (though at this point it would have probably been worth the money to buy a wedding/bridal cartridge), so I had to do everything by hand.
It wasn't too hard, since it was all straight lines and I copied the shape from the one I saw online, but I did have to use scissors and an exact-o knife to cut out the small triangles inside.
These were inspired by this listing on etsy.

 





Also in the bag was some red nail polish that had a tag that said 'Let's Paint the Town Red' (inspired by BuzzFeed), 'Bridesmaid' sunglasses, a noisemaker, whistle, diamond ring shotglass, crazy straw, gold beads, and moustache tattoo.


The bride also got a 'Bride' sash, and custom-made Bride wine glass that I made to look like a wedding dress by etching the glass in the shape of a bodice, adding stick-on crystals, and tulle to make the bottom (inspired by this listing on etsy).


The bride was also gifted with a silly gold tutu that I made inspired by this tutorial on McKennaBleu, a headband veil, and a 'Bride' hoodie that I got from Target. 

She was so cute and excited and wore them all weekend.

 

On one of our low-key nights, I planned a 'wine and cheese' night. Everyone was invited to bring their favorite wine and favorite cheese, and I bought everyone a wine or beer glass from the Dollar Tree, as well as paint to decorate them. I also set up a 'Wine glass painting' pinterest board for inspiration.

These were our finished products!

I ended up painting the Ron Swanson glass for her brother.

Finally, one of my favorite things for the whole weekend, was when we surprised the bride when she went to the bathroom by holding up masks of her fiance's face and sitting silently in the living room.

When she came out and saw us, she had the best full-body reaction I've ever seen. I unfortunately didn't get it on camera because my storage was full, but the memory will forever be burned in my mind.

After the original surprise, we had fun with the masks the rest of the weekend.


To make the mask, I simply printed out a picture of the groom's face on cardstock at Staples, then cut it out, cut out the eye balls with an exact-o knife, and glued on a tongue depressor to hold it.

Repeat to make one per person.



OH, One more thing that I almost forgot...
At the bachelorette party I handed out stationary to all of the bride's family and friends, to ask them to write a letter to the bride to open on her wedding day.
In the end, she had a beautiful album that she opened on the morning of her wedding, filled with words of love from those who love her most.
This was inspired by Fit For A Bride.





Of course, the other bridesmaids made adorable things and helped pull the whole party together with food, drinks, decorations, and CHAMPAGNE JELLO SHOTS, but I don't want to take any credit for their work!

On the Sunday of the weekend, the bride's mom threw a bridal shower, complete with an amazing wedding-dress cupcake cake, umbrella-favors, and beautiful decorations. But again, I don't want to share what was her hard work!

I had so much fun with this party, and I've been contemplating giving up everything and becoming a party planner.

Just kidding. I'll just blog instead.




No comments:

Post a Comment