Friday, March 4, 2016

Remember Me?

Hey there.

It's been awhile.

You might be wondering what brought me back from the cyber-dead, and the answer would be these
Maple Bacon Cupcakes from Your Cup of Cake (we'll call this one recipe #287).


You see, we got this really cool grant at school for the kids to put on a really cool play, so we decided to have a really cool bake sale to raise money.
Hence, me actually baking something.
I thought I would go with something different and new and interesting.
Hence, maple and bacon in a cupcake.
If you're not sold on the flavor, I'm not offended... The bake sale table was outside my door and I heard the mixed reactions of "I love sweet and salty!" to "I'm not so sure about that combination".
As a qualified tongue-witness, I can tell you that the cupcakes weren't the overwhelming sweetness that cupcakes usually are, but instead the nutmeg in the cake gave them a spicy flavor, while the maple topping was just sweet enough, plus the pieces of real bacon on top for the crunch and the salt.
They were awesome. And interesting. And lucky for me, not popular enough to sell out so I could take the leftovers home. 



But, in case you're not epicurious enough to to be interested in breakfast for dessert, I also brought along a crowd pleaser...
Recipe #288 - Peanut Butter Chocolate Rice Krispy Treats , also from Your Cup of Cake.


But I wish I hadn't brought them in, because they disappeared by the first break in conferences, and I won't have a nice big peanut-buttery, chocolatey, crunchy sweet to greet me when I walk in the door tonight.
Seriously, I might just have to make these again. *Shock Horror*
Ps. The recipe on the website is wrong, the bottom layer requires half a bag of marshmallows, the top layer the other half.

So, that's all I have to say about that for now, but it's enough to break my blogging silence and let you know I'm still here, I'm still cookin' (and baking and crafting), and I have quite the updates to tackle... If I ever get around to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment