Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Recipes 239-247: Chunky Monkey Cake, Buffalo Chicken Pizza, Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Dream Bars, and more


 I don't know if you've noticed, but my light posts have been a little recipe-heavy lately. 

Wanna know why?

I haven't given up crafting, I swear.

Well, not on purpose anyways.

My itty bitty apartment (we just measured... 370 square feet. Never should have measured.) doesnt exactly have room for superfluous crafting.

No room to craft, no room to store craft supplies, no room to keep the crafts, and no room for the hubby to escape from the crafting.

But, we do have a kitchen! And the best part... The only place we have to fit the results are in our stomachs.

Like edible crafts, really.

So, besides the odd knitted scarf(s) or painted wine glass, there is minimal crafting for me... Food it is!

Recipe 239: No Bake Chunky Monkey Cake from TheCountryCook
Mewhahha I love selfish recipes! This dessert is covered in bananas and therefore immune to the hands of a hungry husband looking to satisfy a late-night sweet tooth. 
So, it's all mine.
It was good... Not amazing... But good. And satisfying.
But I'll take good ole banana pudding over anything.




Recipe 240: One Pot Cheesy Sausage Pasta from YellowBlissRoad

This was a pretty easy recipe I got to make from the couch while doing taxes and shouting directions at my hired chef, er, I mean husband. It turned out well... He loved it and I would have loved it more without the sausage. But easy, quick, and full of meat.




Recipe 241: Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Dream Bars from KeyIngredient
Ohhhhh these were good! With a gooey layer of peanut butter and condensed milk, they're like oatmeal cookies on steroids.
Really delicious steroids.



Recipe 242: Paula Deen's Corn Casserole from The Food Network

Another great recipe- like corn mixed with corn bread covered in cheese, where could you go wrong? 



Recipe 243: Giant 90 Calorie Soft Pretzel from FoodieFiasco

I think I've mentioned this before, but I'm a little obsessed with Auntie Anne's Pretzels. They're the only soft pretzels I truly like - they're so warm and buttery and not dry at all like most soft pretzels that require a vat of mustard to make them semi-edible. I tried out this pretzel recipe last weekend- they claim to only be 90 calories but I assume that only applies if you use the wheat flour that the recipe calls for.
I ain't got no room for fancy flour.
So, I used white flour. All my white flour, and ran out a cup early. Oops. I really should check these things first. 
So, I had just enough flour to make a goopy dough that embedded itself into every line and crack on my hands and refused to be shaped into anything besides pretzel-blobs. 
As for the taste, they were a little too dry and tasteless to me... Bring on the vat.




Recipe 244: Brown Sugar Dijon Salmon from AllRecipes

I have to admit, I wasn't to impressed with this recipe- it was just salmon with sugar spread all over it. Sweet? Sure. Necessary? Not at all. Salmons supposed to be fresh, healthy, and light... If I wanted that amount of brown sugar with my dinner I would have had a bowl of oatmeal.



Recipe 245: Homemade Tortillas from TasteofHome

They look pretty good, don't they? Homemade tortillas just like my childhood at Don Pablo's. Well, not quite. More like, thick blobs of dense flour that require butter to make a taste of anything. Want to do yourself a favor? Go to trader joes and pick up a pack of their homemade tortillas. They're still homemade if you open the packet, right?




Recipe 246: Buffalo Chicken Ranch Pizza from MotherThyme

Ah... When I'm New York everyone is a pizza maker. I'm proud of myself for this recipe... Handmade crust (like, kneaded and allowed to rise and everything!), and turned out pretty delicious. I mean, come on, buffalo chicken pizza!?



Recipe 247: Reeses Stuffed Crescent Rolls from Cookies and Cups

Aaaaand my final recipe of the post, though it barely counts as a recipe. Open can of croissants. Insert Reece's, bake. Devour.

No comments:

Post a Comment