Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Explanation

Maybe you've noticed something a little funny about my blogging lately.

Like how I'm only posting recipes.

And how some of my posts, like this one from earlier this month, lack substance, and instead are just a list of recipes that I've tried lately with a quick review.

"It was good"
"It was bad"

There's not much more to say than that. And... do you really care about the food that I'm making for myself? The food that I'm buying ingredients for and I'm cooking and I'm eating and I'm cleaning up? I'm not as self-centered as to really believe you care about all that.

But, to be honest, I never really cared about you. I didn't start blogging about my crafts and my recipes for you. I did it for me. For my records. To have a purpose. To have a project.

So why does it feel like a chore?

Almost 4 years ago I declared that I was going to finish 100 recipes by the end of 2011.

I'm on recipe 255.

3 1/2 years of writing about every single recipe I try. 3 1/2 years of taking pictures at 5 different angles and getting the lighting just right before I allow myself to eat my dinner.

Why am I still doing it?

Maybe I need closure. Maybe I'll stop at 500 recipes. But until then, I had to make it a little more interesting. A little different.

So, maybe you've noticed, but I've started adding a little side of poetry to all my recipes. Light-hearted poems written about the recipe, about the experience, about the flavor of the food.
Brown Sugar Cookies
Zucchini Chips
Meltaway Cookies\
French Dip Sandwiches with Au Jus
Texas Roadhouse Rolls with Cinnamon Honey Butter



And now, I'm enjoying my blogging again.

So, I hope you'll enjoy the writing, I hope you enjoy the recipes, and I hope you try one yourself...

... but if you don't, I don't mind, cause this is all for me anyway :)

No comments:

Post a Comment