Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Braids, Braids, Braids!

So I've been really into trying new hairstyles lately, and the majority of them have been focused around braids.  I love braids because it's something neat, quick, and pretty to do with my long hair.


Here are some of the braids I did this past week:

Triple Braid from JoinTheMood
To do this braid, I made a fishtail braid on each side of my head and one in the back, then I braided them all together in a regular braid in the back.  My layers made my side braids a little too short, so the braid had to stop pretty far up.  I just added a ribbon.




4 Strand Braid
The four strand braid I kind of figured out by myself. I'm sure you could look up directions online, but I just split my hair into four even pieces, and went from right to left weaving the far right piece of hair over, under, and over.  I would then take the newest far right piece of hair and do the same thing.







5 Strand Braid from LongHairStyleHowTo
This braid was more like weaving, and it was pretty hard to finish.  This was my first attempt, but I look forward to trying it more and getting the system down.







Mama and Baby Braid inspired by fab-doll

For this braid, I did the above four-strand braid as a mini on the side of my head.  I then braided it into a side fishtail braid on the same side. I love the way it turned out.








My brother's wedding is coming up in a few weeks and I'm going to attempt to do my own hair.  This means that I will be playing around with new hairstyles! Get ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment