Saturday, November 3, 2012

Snow White Apron, Book Purse, Raspberry Scones, and more recipes!

Hello everyone! The year is flying by and I'm still finding as many opportunities as I can to create.  Here are some of the things I've tried in the past month or so.

I'll start with the recipes:

RECIPE 100!!!!! Cheesy Cauliflower Puree from "I Breathe, I'm Hungry"




My friend Tiffany had made this cauliflower puree for a dinner when we were over at her house one night. It was surprisingly good! I love those vegetables that can pass as not healthy foods. I enjoyed these fake mashed potatoes.  They weren't as good as the real thing, but it was a good fake-out!




This is an interesting and surprisingly easy recipe.  I bought grapes.  I bought melon flavored Jello mix. I sprinkled some jello powder on top of the grapes. Instant 'candy'. Very yummy!


I was very excited to make this recipe... but I wasn't too impressed. I used oats, vanilla bean yogurt, raisins, and cereal.  I think I added too many oats because it was pretty dry. I might try it again with about half as many oats next time!


Recipe number 103: Raspberry Scones from Martha Stewart
SO Happy I made this recipe... I'm ready for England now!!!  Great scones are very rare to find in America, and I love making my own.  It was a very easy recipe, and the scones were great accompanied with nice hot tea.  All I need is a little clotted cream, butter, and jam to make a true cream tea. YUM!



Recipe Number 104: Healthier Stuffed Shells from Weight Watchers
I browsed through weight watchers recently and pinned a few of their recipes.  This was one of them.  The shells were delicious and Logan ate practically all of them :(  I found it hard to believe they were really only 5 points for 4 of them because there weren't many substituted ingredients compared to real stuffed shells, so take caution.

Recipe Number 105: Two-Ingredient Pumpkin Cake with Apple Cider Glaze from noble pig
This recipe is sold as an extremely easy and delicious cake that you can whip up.  I love things that are easy and delicious and take as little time as possible.  I also love when I have an excuse to make something sweet to give to other people... and Halloween was the perfect time! I was looking for something seasonal to make for my class/coworkers and found this.  I doubled the recipe and made some for logan's office, too.  It was delicious, but I cooked it like 3 times as long as it said because it just was not getting unmushy.  It might have been the glaze seeping through, I'm not sure! I just kept cooking and cooking and it still ended up tasting like a delicious mushy scoop of cakey ice cream. It was good though! Recommended :)


That's all my recipes for now... Here are some presents!

My England friend Edie's birthday was last month.  I made her this apron.  We are both Disney geeks and it's what we bond over when we're together.  She's also a vegetarian so I'm thinking about sending it in a package with a vegetarian cookbook or something. I just love how it turned out! This was inspired by Disney's version of the same apron, shown here.


It was also my friend Melissa's birthday.  She's a book lover, so I made her this book purse:



There are various instructions for this online, but I kind of did my own thing since I was in a time crunch and didn't like all of the options.

That's all I have for now!!  Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment