Monday, March 5, 2012

February Challenge Week 4

Sorry about the late update on my February challenge!

I might not have stuck to the days I wanted to this week, but I certainly got a lot done.

We'll start with the hair.

Oh, the hair.

Last Monday I attempted this Neatest Messy Bun. I failed miserably. I think my problem was that it says to start with wavy hair. I put mousse in my hair and braided it into small braids all over my head before I went to sleep that night. I woke up in the morning, took out the braids, and BOOM. Straight. My hair just won't stay wavy!!! So I spent 20 minutes trying this hairstyle only to remove the bobby pins and throw it up in a pony tail and make my way to school. I would call this one a failure. Maybe I'll try it again when I have more time.


Okay, Outfit!

I wore this number on Tuesday. I got lots of compliments. I just HAD to find a way to work in my cowboy boots, I love them! The only thing I don't like about this is the white tights. White tights just make me feel so... pale!





New Recipes:

It was my friend Meredith's birthday on Friday so I got to use her as an excuse to make two crafts and a recipe!

For the recipe, I made Better than Crack Brownies and they were absolutely delicious!!! I'm not usually one who prefers nuts in my desserts, but the way the nuts complimented the Reeses cups and mixed in with the texture of the rice krispies was PERFECT. Loved them, and they weren't that hard to make!!!!

Crafts:
One craft that I finally got around to at the beginning of the week was Hand Towels that Don't Fall Off the Handle! I ended up using fabric placemats from the dollar store (shhh! Everyone thinks they're handtowels!) and just some cheap cloth I found. I think when I redecorate this summer I'll make some super cute ones that go with the kitchen. Anyways, they work very well, I love them!



Next, like I said, I got to use Meredith as an excuse to make some crafts.

For her birthday card, I did a five minute attempt at the Crafty Friend card. I was in a rush and having a hectic evening (think: carpet covered in mod podge and hot glue blisters all over the fingers) so I didn't put nearly as much effort into it as I could have. It was really easy though! I used this ribbon spool template (which looks like a cute idea for ribbon too!), some ribbon I had already, and some dollar buttons from Michaels. I printed the spool out on brown cardstock with a wood picture background and cut it out. Again, 5 minutes. Tops.



The thing that took up the majority of my night was the Blingy Clipboard. I had been wanting to make one of these for myself for awhile, and I thought it would be the perfect gift for my fellow crafty teacher-t0-be friend. I bought a recycled wooden clipboard at Office Max for $2. I bought scrapbook paper at Michael's for $1. I bought a few blingy odds and ends from Goodwill but mostly used some leftover mardis gras beads and things I found around the house. I printed her name on complimentary cardstock, cut it out, glued it to the scrapbook paper, and mod-podged the scrapbook paper to the clipboard (hence, the mod podge carpet explosion). Then I hot-glued the 'bling' on randomly to the clip of the clipboard (hence, the hot glue blisters on my fingers).

I am in the process of making mine now, but it took a backseat to some more, erm, important things that came up this weekend.

Curious?

It's not good news. It involves my laptop falling. Right on the hard drive. It involves wiping the hard drive clean. It involves me kicking myself for not backing up my information for the past 2 1/2 years. It involves me redoing hours of schoolwork. It involves me finding as many pictures and music files and projects as I can through email and old laptops. It involves a very unhappy Amy.

The moral of the story is...

Go back up your computer.
Now.
Don't say you'll do it tomorrow.
Don't wait to buy an external hard drive.
Go get your thumb drive and back up those things that you can't lose.

You'll thank me later.


I'll end on a positive note!!!! On Sunday we finally got around to going strawberry picking at Pappy's Strawberry Patch! I have lived in this town practically my whole life, and I have never been strawberry picking at this patch that is literally 10 minutes from my house. I've been trying to go for about 4 weeks, but it's always something. So Logan and I went with some friends. They sucked us in with a deal: Pick 10 pounds or more and you get 20% off. Then they showed us the 10 pound box. It was huge! We scoffed at them and thought, "We won't pick 10 pounds, they're crazy." Then we picked 10 pounds. Oops. The good news is, we split it with the other couple we were with so each couple (each lady) has 5 pounds of strawberries to figure out what to do with.

Sounds like a challenge? I think so!!!!

Look forward to some strawberry-themed recipes in the near future! I'm sure you will see Fresh Strawberry Pie before you can say rotten strawberries!





No comments:

Post a Comment