
On Tuesday, I tried a new outfit. I worked in my denim shirt that I had only ever worn over maxi-dresses and paired it with a tank, simple black shorts, and teal sandals to make a comfy and cute outfit.On Wednesday, I tried a new recipe. I cooked this Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken with Broccoli (recipe #127) from what2cook. Now, I enjoy sour things and I especially enjoy lemon, but if I were to do this recipe again I would use about 1/2 of the lemon juice that I did. I'm not sure if I didn't use enough chicken or what, but WOW this chicken made the back of my jaw hurt and reminded me of warheads.
Friday, Saturday, and Sunday were my home/jumble days and I tried a few different tricks that had been sitting on my to-do list.
First, I took a tip from pinterest to fill one of these dishwashing loofahs with 1/2 dawn and 1/2 vinegar and keep it in the shower. Wipe down the shower while you're in it every so often to never have to deal with a day full of shower-cleaning commitment. It's too early to see how well this works, but I'll keep you updated.
Next, I tried another tip from pinterest to pour 1 cup of salt mixed with 1/2 cup of baking soda down your drain, followed by a kettle of boiling water in order to unclog your drain. Our bathroom sink has been draining really slowly for awhile and I thought this would help. It didn't seem to help right away, but I'll see over time. I might just need to stick a hanger down there and pull out all the inevitable hair.

Third, and my favorite, I made a food passport that came from thespottedfox. Logan and I had been talking about trying new restaurants for a long time, and I suggested that we attempt to try every restaurant in our little town. When I saw this idea for a food passport where you write down 50 restaurants you haven't tried, I new it was the perfect solution. I spent a big chunk of the day today going through different apps such as urbanspoon and yelp to find all of the restaurants in our town we hadn't tried. Well, I got up to about 43 before I gave up and said 'to be continued'. We live in a pretty small town and I've lived here practically my whole life, so I can't say there's many options left out there. I'm excited to get started!
Last, I tried out this pillow whitening technique where you wash your pillows in a mixture of hot water, dishwashing powder, bleach, laundry detergent, and borax. Except I didn't have any borax. Here's how they turned out:
That's it for the first week. I know I'm a few weeks behind on updating, but I've been sticking with it and can't wait to share all the new things!
Amy

No comments:
Post a Comment