Sunday, June 28, 2015

My Rockin' Kitchen Floor

Grout. Freakin' grout. A five-letter-word that deserves a whole bunch of four-letter-words.

It just sits there, mocking you, hiding between pieces of tile, catching every piece of dirt that comes it's way.

Sure, I've tried all the 'magic' grout cleaners, but there's really no avoiding getting out that scrub brush and retreating to all-fours for a fun-filled hour of absolute agony.

Oh, I'm sorry, do I seem bitter?

Well, I shouldn't be, since my tiny apartment only has two little areas of tile. But hey, I'm a New Yorker now, and New Yorkers complain about everything!

So, I tried out this new 'magic grout cleaner'. A little bit of vinegar, a little bit of baking soda, water, and ammonia. Then... Scrub.
Guess what? It worked! 
Not saying it wouldn't have worked with just water, or bleach, or toothpaste, or anything else, but hey... My kitchen grout is clean.


Now, the bathroom? You let me know when you find a REAL magic cleaner for he grout in there.


No comments:

Post a Comment