Monday, January 26, 2015

Recipes 210-224: Banana Pudding Cheesecake Pie, Salmon with Creamy Dill, Baked Shrimp n grits, and more

I'm back from the wedding, and the honeymoon, and the holidays, and the rush of getting back to work.
My life is back to normal. *Ahhhh...* sigh of relief.

Now that my life is back to normal, I've gone back to cooking and baking and trying out recipes!

You're probably waiting and waiting for me to say something about my wedding.

Well, I've said a whole lot. I've spent hours today putting together a post with every last detail of our wedding. It's saved in drafts right now, just waiting for the professional pictures to come back (which the photographer said this week!) so I can add them in.
I CAN'T WAIT!

So, here's the recipes.

#210: Banana Pudding Cheesecake from SerenaBakesSimplyFromScratch: Banana pudding is my absolute favorite dessert, so I just had to try this banana pudding cheesecake pie. It was wonderful, and the homemade crust was SO amazing (I used cinnamon graham crackers). The bananas went brown quickly (overnight) like most banana desserts, but it was still yum.



#211: Mashed Potatoes in the Crockpot from FirstADream: These potatoes were easy, creamy, and I was able to put them in when I got home from school and they were ready by dinner.  The only downside is that the leftovers' consistency requires a little... imagination to get them back to mashed-like, but they were good!


#212: Stuffed Honey Ham Biscuits from Pillsbury: The biscuits were an easy and cheap meal, and they were delicious. It took only what I had on hand, and fed both of us for a meal.

#213: Cheddar Corn Fritters from TasteAndTellBlog: These were an interesting side. I was hoping they would be more like those mexican corn cheddar pancakes we always get at street fairs, but they were still good. I'm not a huge fan of fried food, nor am I a fan of the way it leaves our little apartment smelling, so I was satisfied after only one or two of these. Hubby loved them.

#214: Sweet Honey Jalapeno Cornbread Biscuits from HalfBakedHarvest: I was so excited to make these, but they came out hard and dry!!

#215: Italian Green Beans from SparkRecipes: These sounded really good, but only saute-ing the greenbeans left them hard and crunchy, raw-tasting. If I were to do it again I would cook the green beans a different way.

#216: Sweet Potato Casserole from BakedinArizona: I made this sweet potato casserole for a Thanksgiving potluck at work. Living in the city, I find it impossible to find many normal things I need for recipes, and the ingredient du jour was canned yams. I had my husband check three different grocery stores on the way home, and I tried another two, and the best we could find was pureed sweet potatoes. I followed the recipe (besides the slight hiccup in types of yams), and they turned out really liquidy. Luckily, once I baked them and let them sit, they turned out pretty good and I got lots of compliments at work!

#217: Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake from LifeLoveandSugar: This recipe sat at the top of my to-do list for at least 2 months before I finally got around to it (it didn't help that we kept eating all the bags of reese's before I got a chance to make it), and I was a little disappointed with the ending. I'd prefer a pie.

#218: Slow Cooker Coconut Curry from SweetTreatsandMore: I love curry, I love dinner being ready for me when I get home, and I love the way my house smells when I walk into at the end of the day with dinner waiting. This was a winner.

#219: Baked Lemon Salmon with Creamy Dill Sauce from CookingClassy: Salmon's one of my new favorites, but I can still only eat a small portion before I start getting queasy.  Plus, I haven't really figured out if you're supposed to cook it with the skin on or off, and if I'm supposed to eat that grey stuff the skin turns into after cooking. All worries aside, this salmon was very good and the dill sauce was to die for! I used the rest of it on cucumbers for a snack the next day!

#220: Baked Shrimp n Grits from OystersandPearls: Holy cheese, and holy yum. Definitely not the healthiest food of the month (maybe the most unhealthy) but it was damn good. I added siracha in mine and made it even better :)

#221: Egg Nog Coffee Cake from MandysRecipeBox: I love coffee cake and I love egg nog, but this just didn't do it for me. In fact, just thinking about it makes me feel ill. Not sure what it was, but I was not a fan of it. 

#222: Mint Oreo Truffles from Sally's Baking Addiction: Ummm... oreo balls. The one dessert my husband absolutely BEGS for constantly. Add mint oreos to the mix... fuhgetaboudit.  These were gone in like, 2 minutes. Oops. We meant to share, really.

#223: Cookie Butter Cookies from AllRecipes: Once upon a time, I had a day off and I wanted to make cookies. I had no chocolate chips, so I decided to settle on snickerdoodle. Looked up a recipe, and, SURPRISE, you need some weird ingredient (cream of tartar?) to make it. Yeah, no, I don't have that. So, I thought about peanut butter cookies. I went to grab the peanut butter, and saw the Trader Joe's cookie butter I just had to try after hearing so much about it, but then didn't know what to do with it afterwards. So, I looked up this recipe, and wa-la!
Cookie butter cookies. Yum!

#224: Cheeseburger Bombs from Pillsbury: Ground beef. Biscuits. A block of cheese. Bacon.
That is perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment