Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Chicken Parm, Jalapeno Poppers, Tuscan Pasta with Tomato Basal Cream

Recipe #187 - Chicken Parmesan Bake from FoodWishes -



This recipe was pretty easy and delicious! It made enough for multiple leftovers so we were eating it for days, and the leftovers were just as good as the first time.  The only problem I ran into with this recipe was that it started a beef between me and Trader Joe's. Sure, the place is great and cheap, and even though it's 3 streets and 3 avenues away, I make the 20 minute walk a few times a week, as well as the dreadful 20 minute walk loaded down with bags, and I even brave the lines that are long enough to require theme-park reminiscent signs signifying 'end of line' and 'middle of line', but the croutons pushed me over the edge. A small bag of Trader Joe's brand croutons for $4?! I'm not spending $16 on croutons just to make this recipe!! Jeeezzzz.






Recipe #188 - Bacon Jalapeno Poppers from hellohue -

Mmmmmmmmmmm. I made a plate of these as an afternoon snack, hoping to allow them to stretch out as an appetizer for guests later that night. Well, I was incorrect. The time it took to make them, although in reality short (20 minutes), was an eon compared to the time it took to eat them. Seriously. Between me and fiance they were gone in, mmm, 3 minutes? The whole place. Devoured.
Then I spent the rest of the night telling our guests how delicious they were and how I was oh-so-sorry there were no leftovers.
... Sorry I'm not sorry.












Recipe #189 - Tuscan Pasta with Tomato Basal Cream from MyRecipes -


Another home run in the recipe standings. REALLY easy to make (the longest part was waiting 20 minutes for the pot of water to boil before realizing the gas wasn't attached to the burner), plus I added chicken & pepper to fiance's and extra tomatoes to mine to make a more personalized meal.
It was filling. Like 3 bites in we were holding our stomachs. I think it's all the cheese. Just be forewarned... this is probably better as a small dish. Like one of those tiny dishes of 4-ravioli they sell for $20 in fancy restaurants. Yeah, those.


I know, right? I'm on a recipe roll. Don't get used to it... my summer's at 4 days off and counting.

No comments:

Post a Comment