Sunday, March 9, 2014

Sky scarf, T-shirt quilt, and recent recipes

Quite awhile ago, I found the idea of concept knitting on pinterest. This 'concept knitting' is where you knit to represent something in your life.  The post I saw was a Sky Scarf.  The idea is that you knit the color the sky every day for a year. I had been meaning to do this for quite awhile, and I finally decided that I would start it at the beginning of 2014 - the year of our wedding! The colors I bought to make the scarf are light blue, dark blue, light grey, dark grey, and white. I knit the two colors that best represent the sky everyday, or I write them down and update the scarf every few days to a week. 
This is the scarf at the end of January:


And this is the end of February:

I'll make sure to continue posting throughout the year!

Another project that I worked on last month was another Tshirt Quilt for fiance's friend.  This was a big one - it covered a whole queen-size bed!





I also made a recent sale on etsy - another Wedding wreath! I customized the people to look like the bride and groom based on a picture, and I love the little birdcage veil that she requested I add!
 


Finally, I worked on a few new recipes:

Recipe #168: Chicken Crescent Roll Casserole from Tastebook
These crescent rolls were yummy, creamy, cheesy, and delicious! I wouldn't say they're the healthiest things... they DO have lots of cream cheese and regular cheese, but they were yummy for sure!



Recipe #169: Greek Salad Bites from YumSugar:
These greek salad bites were slices of cucumber, feta cheese, and tomatoes on a toothpick sprinkled with salt, olive oil, and pepper. They were supposed to have olives on top, but when I finished them all and saw the jar of olives still sitting in the bag I remembered that I had forgotten them. They were just as delicious!!  I brought these to school for a pot luck.

 


Recipe #170: Stuffed Pizza Cupcakes from FoodSweet:
These pizza cupcakes, though they don't look perfect in the picture, were delicious and convenient! The recipe was a little messy, but after cooking everything the dough expanded and they weren't quite as messy to eat.


Recipe #171: Buffalo Pretzels from atasteofthebest:
Warning! These pretzels are addictive and delicious! I made a huge bowl and they were gone in a few days. They're so easy to make and they are sooooo good!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment