Thursday, January 2, 2014

Recent Recipes - Brunch Pizza, Chicken and Dumplings, Banana Bread, Pasta Salad, Guac, Chicken Parm, Corn Pudding, Corn Bread, Pot Roast, WHEW!

I didn't realize how many recipes I've done recently until I just tried to list them all in the subject heading! I apologize that I don't have pictures for all of these... I've gotten really bad about making food recently and then just getting too excited and eating it all without taking a picture.

Recipe #152 - Cinnamon Cream Cheese Banana Bread from FromValsKitchen: This bread was REALLY good! I love banana bread, and the cream cheese and cinnamon on top of it made it extra yummy. Ready for the hilarious cooking disaster story that is assumed with the majority of my 'experiments'? So... the fiance is tall, and I don't really think about how life can be different up there. I was running out the door, and asked him to take the banana bread out of the oven when the timer went off. No problem, right? I even called to make sure he did it. Yup! I got home an hour later, and saw a loaf of banana bread on the counter.
A loaf. One.
Now, I do understand that I only said 'take the banana bread out' and did not specify how many loaves were in there. I also understand that as someone who has made bread before most batters fill two loafs. I do understand the situation.
I find it very hard to understand that someone can be so tall HE COULDN'T SEE THE SECOND LOAF IN THE OVEN! It was like two inches back!
Well, he doesn't understand why I need to climb on counters to reach things, so I guess fair is fair. The good thing is he turned the oven off when the timer went off, so the bread wasn't horribly burnt, just a little hard. 
The other loaf was delicious and I brought it to my family for Thanksgiving!

Recipe #153 - Chicken and Dumplings from myrecipes: I have to say, I wasn't too impressed with this recipe. It might have been because I dumped a little too much salt in when the box was open, but I just thought it tasted a little TOO much like the frozen pot pies I used to eat all the time my freshman year in college. Also, putting the biscuits on top of everything didn't really pull it together, it just was biscuits on top of veggies. 

Recipe #154 - Quick Brunch Pizza from BettyCrocker: Once again, a recipe I wasn't too thrilled with. It just tasted like scrambled eggs.
Recipe #155 - Tortellini and Pepperoni Pasta Salad from SimpleDeliciousSouthernFood: This recipe was really good! I love pasta salad anyways, especially if it has pepperonis in it. The only thing bad about this was I only got one serving before it was devoured by everyone else :(

Recipe #156 - Guacamole from laylita: Okay, this may only be a simple guacamole recipe, but neither of us had made guacamole from scratch before. My first attempt was a fail because I let the avacado ripe a little too long and it became moldy. The second attempt (this one) was AMAZING and it made SO MUCH guacamole. I used one of those huge avacadoes instead of those little Haas ones (or whatever). Ok, don't judge, but fiance, roommate and I just sat there for an hour eating like two pounds of guacamole. 
For rizzaile. 

Recipe #157 - Tennessee Honey Corn Pudding from Twirl and Taste: This corn pudding was good, but I would have to attempt it again because it was a little liquidy.

Recipe #158 - Boston Market Cornbread from The Sisters Dish: This was an eye-opening experience. This recipe involves mixing cornbread mix with yellow cake mix. It tastes JUST LIKE Boston Market, and it made me re-think every single delicious piece of corn bread I've ever eaten in my life. I made it for a pot luck we had for Christmas, and everyone loved it so much. I just couldn't bring myself to tell them my secret though.

Recipe #159 - Paula Deen's Pot Roast from the Food Network: I made this pot roast for the main dish of our Christmas pot luck. About 10 minutes into making it, I realized this was extremely risky as everyone's meal was depending on my success (and I don't have the best track record, let's be real). Fiance didn't have much faith in me... he kept expecting it to fall apart and shred, and it never did. I'm not sure if it was supposed to, but I just took it out and cut it and it was delicious! Especially with the gravy on top (which I soaked up with the cornbread). The way I saw it... the Grinch cut the Roast Beast in The Grinch, so our pot roast was supposed to be cut too, right?


Recipe #160 - Grinch Punch from MakeandTake: This Grinch punch was a perfect addition to our Christmas Pot Luck, and wasn't too shabby with a little vodka too :)

Recipe #161 - Chicken Parmesan Crescents from SixSistersStuff: THIS WAS THE BEST RECIPE!!!! I'm so excited to share it with you and I want to make it again and again. It's so simple, doesn't take too long, delicious, and seemed even better as leftovers. GO MAKE THIS NOW!



No comments:

Post a Comment