Saturday, September 14, 2013

Recent Recipes

I haven't done too much cooking or trial of new recipes, but here are 3 that I have tried:

Recipe #136 - Summer Vegetable Crepes from Eatingwell - These crepes were fun to make, and I love crepes! The filling was very good, but I messed up on the topping. I didn't have chives so I replaced them with a whole lotta seasoning... it just ended up being too much seasoning that messed with the sourness of the sauce.  I re-made crepes the next night without the topping and ate with sesame salad dressing... yum!


 Recipe #137 - Pumpkin Oatmeal Double Chocolate Chip Cookies from FamilyFreshMeals - It's officially pumpkin season! Logan decided to start eating oatmeal for breakfast, so the only obvious solution would be to go to Costco and buy a lifetime supply. 3 days later Logan had given up and his plan, decided he still didn't like oatmeal, and we were left with a 20 pound box of it.

So I made cookies.

I followed the recipe given, and I paid careful attention to the part that said the cookies will still be soft when you take them out of the oven, but once they sit out they will cool to the perfect density.  These were still too soft to eat whole and fell apart when you tried to pick them up, but they were really delicious!


 Recipe #138 - Spanakopita Strudels from Alexandra's Kitchen - I had bought some Phyllo dough awhile ago to make a phyllo dough apple pie, but lost the recipe in the realms of the internet and never made it. When I found this recipe to make Spanakopita, I jumped on it. It was really easy, except for the irritation of the paper-thin phyllo dough.  It's spinach, feta cheese, egg, etc. Yum!



 Recipe #139 - Spinach Phyllo Roll-Ups from Kraft Recipes - With the leftover phyllo dough, I made these Spinach Phyllo roll-ups a month or so later.  They were still delicious!!


No comments:

Post a Comment