Saturday, September 14, 2013

Picnic Table Upcycle



When moving into my new Pre-K classroom, I was also getting rid of a lot of the stuff that was left in the room before I got there.  One of the items that was in the welcoming pile was this Little Tikes picnic table that had been destroyed by... well... little tikes.



My mom saw it as an obvious thing to get rid of, but I had just seen a pin on pinterest and fought hard to keep it.  The project is from Caroline's Crafty Corner, and she has instructions on her site.





My table just snapped apart (there were no screws like in Caroline's) and snapped back together, so that made it a little easier.  I was able to do this project in one night (plus about 15 minutes the next morning). I spray painted the sides with black spray paint and covered the top and benches with fabric, then vinyl.  I had never used vinyl before, but I was pleased to see that it was cheap and easy to use, and found at Joann's with the other fabric.

Unfortunately, I didn't get enough of the fabric I chose (the top... pink zebra) and had to use leftover fabric that I had stored away. The patterns don't match, but it works. Like I said, I wanted to get it done in a night.

I attached the fabric with a staple gun. By the way, I now own a staple gun!

I'm very happy with the way this table turned out, and I would absolutely do this again!



No comments:

Post a Comment