Sunday, July 22, 2012

Weight Watchers Crock Pot Taco Chicken Chili

Yummy! This was delicious!

Logan picked this Weight Watchers Crock Pot Taco Chicken Chili out while he was pinning over my shoulder (which he does a lot) and insisted we make it.  So we went to the store, bought the ingredients, were so excited, and...

the grocery bags sat on the counter for a week.

The thing about crock pot recipes is that you either have to prepare it in the morning so that it's ready when you get home from work, or prepare it at night, have it cook, save it in the morning, and re-heat it that night.

Either way, it involves getting up earlier than usual, and neither one of us were having that.

So it waited until the weekend.

But when we finally did make it, it was delicious! 

Chicken Chili
Sorry, no picture from me but here is the picture from the blog, redsie05

Some notes:

I drained the vegetables and the beans before I put them in the crock pot. I probably should have left the goo in there because we had to add water to the recipe half-way through.

It cooked much faster than we thought it would.


We ate this throughout the week, which is my favorite kind of recipe.  I added a blob of greek yogurt to the top and it tasted just like sour cream! I also made corn bread to go with it one night. Perfect!

It ended up being one of our few dinner successes, and Logan is already requesting it again.

Unfortunately, I'm set on trying all of those recipes on pinterest so I refuse to make big recipes more than once, therefore driving him absolutely crazy. *Evil laugh*


No comments:

Post a Comment