Sunday, July 22, 2012

I'm Back!!! Update and Camp Crafts

I'm sure you missed me so, but I haven't given up on crafting... I have tons of things to update you on! I'll just have to update as I remember what I've made... it's been so long!

I am also very excited to see that while I've been gone my blog has still been getting quite a few views! It has been linked to google... if you google 'diy rice neck warmer' my post is the first result!

It's amazing to know that other people are reading my blog... hello out there!!!

Anyways, instead of blogging I have been working at summer camp, traveling, doing schoolwork, and getting my...

wait for it...

CLASSROOM READY!!!

I have been doing quite a few crafts at camp with the kids, some planned and some spontaneous.  I will include those in here.

Homemade Bouncy Balls:  


A few weeks ago we made the borax homemade bouncy balls from theidearoom.  The kids enjoyed it because they got extremely messy, got to work together, and got a bouncy ball...
for about 5 minutes.
Just a warning: as soon as you leave your blog of ball alone for just a few minutes, it flattens and is no longer a bouncy ball.
I'm sure the mothers were so happy to find a wad of goo in each kid's backpack at the end of the day... but hey, we tried it!

Homemade ice cream in a baggie from familyfun


We did this one awhile ago too. I do this every year with my kids and it usually turns out to be a milkshake instead of ice cream, but this year I had the support of the camp director who supplied the materials and we used actually rock salt, so I think that may have helped.  Again, messy, kids loved it, and it was SO delicious!


Bald Eagle Fourth of July Wreath:


From DLTK's Holiday Crafts for Kids.



We did this one right before the fourth of July, and it was really cute. The DLTK website provides all of the templates you need, so it was pretty basic to do even with our little kids.  They had to color the eagle, glue it together (they needed help with this part... figuring out where the pieces went), glue it on a cardboard ring (which we pre-cut out of cereal boxes), and add rolled up paper (we pre-cut the paper into strips).

I think this was a nice and different activity to do for the fourth of July.




Some of the other camp crafts we have done are listed over at my Teaching 365 blog, including:

Heidi the Hedgehog Book


Scavenger Hunt


Nature Suncatcher and Nature Pictures




Don't go away... I'll be back soon with some delicious recipes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment