Saturday, June 16, 2012

Healthy Recipes [and one not-so healthy recipe]

Good morning!!!

So Logan and I have realized how unhealthy we have been eating and wanted to make a change, so I've really been keeping my eye out for healthy recipes.

We're even moving beads over for every pound we lose (they are different colors)! Thank you pinterest :)


Oh, I also made a dessert that's not so healthy, but we'll get to that later.

Alright, first I made some lettuce wraps inspired by Pei-Wei/ PF Changs.  I loosely followed this recipe from Iowa Girl Eats but used turkey instead of chicken, didn't really measure anything, replaced water chestnuts with chinese noodles, and didn't use half the things it called for, and they turned out AMAZING.  Absolutely amazing.  One of our new favorites.  It might be 10am but I'm thinking of going to have more now. Wow.


I've also tried playing around with Greek Yogurt but haven't gotten it quite right.
I replaced mayo with greek yogurt in egg salad and added it to make a creamy pasta, but both times it was just a little sour. I bought a big thing of yogurt so I'm going to keep trying!!


The other night I made a Strawberry Mango Salsa that I've been dying to try.  It's just diced strawberries and mangos with salt, pepper, and lemon juice. 


I also had to make something to eat it with, so I made cinnamon-sugar pita chips.  Take pita bread, cut it up, add a little butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, then bake in a toaster oven for 6-8 minutes.


The combination was to die for, so delicious!!!

Ok, now for the not-so-healthy recipe.

In fact, it's not healthy at all.

One of those heart attack recipes...


A pretzel crust under peanut butter cookie under reese's cups under brownie.


 A picture of me pouring the brownie batter on top of the reese's cups.

These were a huge hit. Don't worry, we didn't eat the whole pan ourselves.  They went to our respective works so we could get all our coworkers fat and we would be relatively skinny.

All part of the plan.

Muah ha ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment