Sunday, May 20, 2012

Cookie-Dough Filled Reese's Cups

Today, I made Banoffee pie to bring to a friend's dinner... you can read about it at my other blog:

teaching-365.blogspot.com 

(Have you checked it out yet???)


Anyway, Logan HATES bananas and HATES caramel, and I was planning on making this delicious pie which combined the two.  I knew this wouldn't go over well with my picky eater, but I didn't want his lack of developed taste buds to impair my experimentation process, so instead I developed upon it.

In other words, I made something for him, too.

Cookie-Dough Filled Reese's Cups.

Wow.

I got the idea from How Sweet Eats but shuddered when I saw the length of the recipe and the amount of effort I had to exert to make them.

So I did my own little version.

Sorry I didn't do precise measurements, I didn't know how they would turn out so I wasn't too worried about it. 

Cookie-Dough Filled Reese's Cups

Ingredients:

YIELDS ABOUT 12 CUPS
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
cookie dough (I cheated and used pre-packaged)
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon milk

Instructions:

1. In a small saucepan, heat the chocolate chips, peanut butter, butter, and milk until smooth and creamy
2. Spoon a small amount into the different cups of a mini muffin pan to cover only the bottom of the cup
3. Roll the cookie dough into small (1/2" balls) and place on top of chocolate in muffin pan
4. Top with more chocolate until each cup is completely full
5. Freeze for at least 1/2 hour.

Variations:

*Make twice as many by doubling recipe
*Use mini muffin pan liners to get the 'creased' look of the reese's cup
*Use regular muffin pans to make bigger versions



These were absolutely delicious, and unfortunately people went crazier over this 'alternate' dessert than my originally planned one, Banoffee Pie.

But, I mean, how could they not go crazy over Cookie dough stuffed reese's cups?

No comments:

Post a Comment