Thursday, November 17, 2011

Bill the Chill Pill







I found this pattern to knit a chill pill on pinterest and thought it would be the perfect Christmas gift for my mother... let's hope she can take a joke. I knitted the pattern (took about 1 1/2 hours), but I couldn't stop there. I had to make it cuter. So I wrote a poem to go with it. But I still had to make it cuter. So I made a medicine bottle to wrap it in out of card stock and construction paper, complete with a little prescription wrapper.


This is the poem I wrote to go with him:

This little guy, his name is Bill,
Bill is a special kind of Chill Pill.

When everything is going downhill,
You want to scream so loud and shrill,
You have visions you can't fulfill,
And you feel a little mentally ill.

When everything's wrong on Caplitol Hill,
And every night it's bill after bill,
Your kids won't remember the capital of Brazil,
And your dogs are far from a wonderful thrill.

Just remember your new Chill Pill,
You can take everything out on Bill.
Slam him on the counter and squeeze until
Everything's better and you're full of good will.

(Don't worry about Bill, he'll be fine...
now go and have a glass of wine.)


No comments:

Post a Comment