Friday, October 28, 2011

Halloween Weekend Has Begun

Friday morning, 10:30am and my Halloween weekend extravaganza is already in full swing. Why, you might ask?

Let's talk about work.

Yesterday, 8am. Worked the Teenie Weenie Halloween party for the city of Oviedo. It was a little Halloween even for children under 5. I got to ride on the hayride and read stories. I could do that. The best part was, of course, getting to hold a co-worker's month-old baby as she ran around catching up. *Sigh*
Finished with that at 1. Where to next? Goodwill and Joanns of course! So that takes two hours and I pick up last minute Halloween stiff and supplies to begin more crafts (hurray!) I get a break from 3-4 to attempt to clean my house and put away groceries, but have sushi with the boyfriend at 4 and work again from 5-7:30. I get home and think it's finally time to relax when my boyfriend strolls in and says we're supposed to leave for a Halloween party at 8.

Maybe one day he will figure out that I need notice for stuff like this.

So there I am, attempting to look semi-decent after a long day while squeezing into an asian-sized corset and in the process trying to put together Logan's costume too.
For the record, I started nagging gently reminding him about his costume a month and a half ago so that I would none rushing and scrambling the night of a party to help get his costume together. *I will not say I told you so, I will not say I told you so*

Of course, I end up being painfully uncomfortable in my corset, attempting to paint and hot glue his Luigi hat together, getting fabric paint all over myself and the floor (not the carpet though, whew!), and just making myself extremely grumpy in the process.

Well, the party we went to was fun but halfway through we realized that everyone was, umm, into same sex relationships. Didn't see that coming. Not that the gay sailors fawning over our costumes ("OH MY GOD... YOU TWO are just TOOOO CUUUUTE!!!") was anything to run away from... At least our costumes were a success! So this morning I got called in to answer phones at the front desk of Riverside before our haunted house tonight. And oh boy, are the phone calls just... Trickling in. So poor bookless me has decided to create my daily blog post through a word doc on my phone to transfer over later. Don't judge, I'm bored.

Anyways, I have the other half of my weekend to look forward to. Not only did I have to work at 9am this morning (until God knows when), I have to be back from 2-11 tonight to work the haunted house. Then it's time to rush home to squeeze back into my costume for party number 2. Tomorrow I have to be BACK at work from 3-11 (which means I miss UCF's homecoming football game for the second year in a row) for the second night of the haunted house. Then I have to get ready for the important party of the year (my boyfriend's of course...)

Anyways, enough complaining. You can start actually reading now. I'm done with my rant.

Let me share what I have been doing the past few days.
When I was at GoodWill, I found wine glasses from a set for $1 each, so I bought 6. I'll use these wine glasses to make these great chalkboard wine glasses - I'll give 2 to Tiffany and Tye and 4 to my parents, accompanied by a little lace baggie with chalk in them. In my mind it will be adorable. I also went to Home Depot (ugh) and got grout because I found that you can make your own chalkboard pa
int out of grout and paint. Score! I can't wait to start that project, hopefully tomorrow!

Total spending for Wine Glass project: $6 for wine glasses, $6 for grout, $1 for chalk = $13

Anyways, at Michael's I got one of the clear ornaments so I could make this Wedding Invitation Ornament for Melissa and Juan. It turned out great!!

All I need to finish on this is putting black ribbon on the top to hold it (I only have pipe cleaners). I love how the ribbons correspond with the wedding colors (black and red) and you can see them in the invitation. I was a little weary about cutting up the invitation so I scanned it first, but I really like how it turned out. I think I'll do this with Emily's baby shower invitation too!

Total cost for this project: $1 (for ornament)

Oh, I also finished my mom's tea wreath!!!


What else have I been doing craft-wise? I started my dad's beanie for the Bronco's game. It's about halfway done now, it doesn't look too bad. I'm hoping it turns out alright.

I helped Logan make a pinata for his party today... we just paper-mached a balloon. Hopefully he can handle putting the candy inside, taping up the top, and putting crepe paper and eyes on to make a ghost. We'll see!

I think that's about it for me! I'm going to go see what I can get done in half an hour before work :)



No comments:

Post a Comment